Monday, June 21, 2010

Photoshop freezing on startup?

Whenever I start Photoshop CS it freezes when it gets to " Reading Text Global Resources....done". It did this for a while then it just popped up with an unrecoverable error. I tried reinstalling and it didn't make a difference. It's worked fine for months, so I don't know why it suddenly stopped working. I'm running on Vista if that helps at all.



Photoshop freezing on startup?anti virus



The only thing that I can think of is that number one, photoshop is a "hefty" program to begin with, capable of slowing down the best computers. On top of that, Vista has already been rumored to have allot of difficulty supporting numerous programs. That is two things working against you. Not to mention if you don't have more then enough ram or if the rest of your specs are less than adequate, that spells a recipe for disaster. As for it working fine before, it has been my experience that sometimes things like that happen. Sorry I know that's not a very good answer. My die hard computer nerd friends would say your first mistake was getting Vista in the first place. I hope everything works out.



Photoshop freezing on startup?auto protect



Try seeing if there is an updated version you can download, or deleting the photoshop preferences, under \documents and settings\yourusername\application data\adobe...



Or try gimp, a free alternative to photoshop:



http://www.gimp.org/windows/
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCont...

No comments:

Post a Comment