Thursday, October 22, 2009

~ Photoshop Alpha Glass ~?

((This question has been posted in a major photoshop forum for 1 week, with no answers))



I've been trying to figure this out for some time.



The image I want to create has to have an alpha channel.



It has to be in 32 bit .tga format when saved.



What I need to do is create a window frame that is semi transparent were the glass is.



The finished product I've been trying to make will have a texture for the window glass, but you can see threw it.



Any ideas on how to do this?



In case your wondering, I'm wanting to use it for Secondlife .



~ Photoshop Alpha Glass ~?mcaffee



You can mess with blurs, lighting and all of that to make it have a glassy like appearance. As far as being see through, make the frame a separate layer from the glass materials and make whatever you want to show up behind the glass as its own layer. Change the opacity of the of the glass material so that it is slightly transparent. Then structure the layers so that everything looks proper.



Thats my suggestion

No comments:

Post a Comment