Thursday, October 22, 2009

Photoshop issue... is it my graphics card??

I have a EVGA e-GeForce 6200 (AGP 8x, 256MB DDR) video card that is plugged into this motherboard..



Supports compatible Intel庐Socket478 processors



800/533MHzFSB



DualChannelDDR400x4DIMMs



2xATA/100+4xSATA/150withR...



1xAGP8X,5xPCI



5.1channelaudio,AC97(Real...



IntegratedGigabitEthernet...



IEEE1394



8XUSB2.0ports



with 1GB of ram. Photoshop has to have the affinity set to 1 or 0 or it will freeze up like a polar Bear's milk glass.



What is wrong here?? I know I do not have more than a 1000 fonts. Any suggestions would be apperciated!



Photoshop issue... is it my graphics card??spyware



It's hard to say not knowing what OS you are using or the version of Photoshop you are using. Also I have no idea if your issue is at PS startup or during regular usage. If you don't have an enormous amount of fonts, it won't be a major issue. I will take a shot based on some assumptions that you are using WinXP and Photoshop CS3. Generally you can go under Edit-Preferences and go under the Performance section...make sure you are utilizing most of your RAM, turn down your History States to something like 10-20 for now....and make sure you have the scratch disk set to a proper disk with space for the scratch to work efficiently. You may have GPU settings in this section for your video card...play with those settings and see if you get better results.



Photoshop issue... is it my graphics card??virus scan



Get rid of most of the fonts immediately. You can save them in another folder but the fonts folder if you don麓t want to loose them.



You should be able to pick up one specific font by opening the preview option for TTF-files. Then that font should be available in Photoshop as long as the file is open.



I don麓t know the details because I don麓t use Photoshop myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment