Monday, October 19, 2009

Photoshop error message: Can't open psd because there is not enough RAM.?

I'm trying to open a .psd file in Photoshop, and it complains that there isn't enough RAM. My system has plenty of RAM, and I've even tried doing this in Safe Mode to free up as much memory as possible. The .psd file is about 3 megs, so I don't know why it's having trouble. Does anyone know what I can do about this?



Photoshop error message: Can't open psd because there is not enough RAM.?kawasaki



Check the memory settings in PhotoShop. In the preferences, (Edit menu \ Preferences) there is a Memory management page, and on that page there is a setting for the maximum amount of RAM Photoshop can use. Make sure it's not too low. I keep mine a 60% or higher.



There's probably other things that could go wrong too. I've had a corrupt file give me that error before. I had another copy so I never tried to fix the problem...



Photoshop error message: Can't open psd because there is not enough RAM.?nortan antivirus



Have you checked how much RAM Photoshop is set to use? There is a percentage setting!
it is memory issue so download memtest86 and boot up and let test check ya memory and if it is defective then get rma for it.. it happen me 2 time ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment